DON'T HUNT
DON'T FISH
DON'T BOTHER

Monday, July 7, 2008

Scouting


Eric and I headed up on Saturday evening to scout some of our elk areas. Anyone who knows me, knows that this is one of my very FAVORITE things to do prior to elk season. We got up into some High Country, and found some area we hadn't ever been into before.... and all I can say is..IT WAS AWESOME. We stumbled across a bear track that no kidding.... the pad alone was about 4 inches wide(in case ya don't know.... that is one BIG bear) You can see a picture of it here, where Eric placed one of his Bullets in it showing you just how big the track is. Neither Eric or I have ever got the chance to shoot a Bear so we were pretty jacked to see this. We would love to get one. Also crossed over quite a few cow elk with calves.. in our same usual place we see them....( if I posted where it was Id be dumb...LOL) Also two large bucks in full velvet a smaller one and his BIG brother that was a solid 5x5 that was enormous. Anyhow, was a lot of fun, and was a good time just Eric and I. We both have the itch for Hunting season!!!

0 comments: